Thank you, that's a great help.

One follow up question. Is there some way of cajoling ipa host-show into
only displaying specific fields? Or is it better just to use ldapsearch
with a suitable search filter (given both need to use the host or a service
keytab if this is to be run by puppet).
The fields I'm interested in (descriptions, platform, OS, Class) are
thankfully available (at least using the host principal).

Kind regards,

David