Hi folks,

Tried to find this in the FreeIPA and RHEL IDM docs but could not find my answer with any specificity ...

I have a user account called "idmbind" inside an AD controller for a domain that we integrate with our linux fleet in AWS

Because this domain is non-essential and we had full control we got lazy and just made the "idmbind" account as privileged as possible -- it's currently part of the "Domain Admin" and "Enterprise Admin" groups

Now that crunch time is over we are auditing all our AD user accounts. I've been specifically asked:

"Does your idmbind user really need Enterprise Admin group membership?"

"Does your idmbind user really need Domain Admin group membership?"

Is there a concise answer somewhere on what permissions/roles the local AD user account needs to have when we use that username and password to set up 1-way and 2-way trusts with FreeIPA? The docs and screenshots show the words "domain administrator" but I'm wondering if the requirements are more specific.

I figure "Domain Admin yes, Enterprise Admin no" may be the proper answer but looking for a more authoritative voice, thanks!

Chris