On 06/26/2018 03:08 PM, Carlos Fernández Manteiga via FreeIPA-users wrote:
Hi,

Sorry about no replying to this, we cannot try it till now.

We've followed the doc, and it seems to work ok, certficates can be issued without problems, so we hope that autorenewal works too.

But we have a little problem, if we try to access to the certificates section of a CA-less replica, it tries to connect to the old master, giving:

IPA 4301: CertificateOperationError: Unable to communicate with CMS ([Errno -2] Name or service not known)

The old master cannot be resolved anymore, because it was removed from the topology.

We've tried to restart all services, but it seems to be cached somewhere.

Hi,

can you check in /etc/ipa/default.conf if ca_host points to the removed master? If it is the case, replace ca_host with your new renewal master.

Flo

Thanks

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 6:26 PM Florence Blanc-Renaud <f...@redhat.com <mailto:f...@redhat.com>> wrote:

    On 05/29/2018 03:54 PM, Carlos Fernández Manteiga via FreeIPA-users
    wrote:
     > Hi Florence,
     >
     > Let me give more info about our FreeIPA infraestructure. We have
    8 servers
     > in different zones, 2 per zone.
     >
     > Last year we installed the first two IPAs, one from scratch and
    the other
     > its first replica, and both with DNS and CA. CA certificates
    generated by
     > IPA itself, no external ones.
     > Then we replicated them to other two zones, but with DNS
    capability only

     > Now we like to move the first ones to another zone, so we created
    two more
     > replicas, but this time with CA: "ipa-replica-install --setup-dns
     > --setup-ca--no-forwarders"
     >
     > The info you've asked :
     >
     >> Can you check the output of 'ipa server-role-find' to check
    which servers
     > have the CA capability and 'ipa config-show'?
     >
     > ipa server-role-find shows:
     >
     >     Role name: CA server
     >     Role status: enabled
     >
     > for all the four masters, the first ones, and the latest ones.
    The other
     > four have "Role status: disabled".
     >
     > ipa config-show shows the same four instances as before on "IPA
    CA servers:"

     >> Were the replicas created with the option ipa-replica-install [...]
     > --setup-ca, or did you first create the replica then run
    ipa-ca-install?

     > ipa-replica-install --setup-ca
     >
     >> Did you keep the installation log files
    (/var/log/ipareplica-install.log

    https://www.freeipa.org/page/Howto/Promote_CA_to_Renewal_and_CRL_Master

    <mailto:freeipa-users-le...@lists.fedorahosted.org>
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org/message/5BWQC2VTIXEMWARWPJA5QSKRKIVRGKXL/

     >> Hi,
     >
     >> This issue is rather unusual, so I am trying to gather as much
     >> information as possible.
     >
     >> Can you check the output of 'ipa server-role-find' to check which
     >> servers have the CA capability and 'ipa config-show'?
     >
     >> Were the replicas created with the option ipa-replica-install [...]
     >> --setup-ca, or did you first create the replica then run
    ipa-ca-install?
     >> Did you keep the installation log files
    (/var/log/ipareplica-install.log
     >> and /var/log/ipareplica-ca-install.log)?
     >
     >> Did you initially have a CA master that was later decommissioned?
     >> Flo

    Hi,

    I had a quick look at the code for changing the renewal master, and the
    command succeeds even if you do not have any server currently marked as
    CA renewal master.

    Re. the CRL generation master, you need to make sure that your new CA
    renewal master is the only one with enableCRLCache=true and
    enableCRLUpdates=true, and with the RewriteRule disabled. All the other
    masters need to have enableCRLCache=false, enableCRLUpdates=false and
    the RewriteRule enabled.

    HTH,
    Flo

--