[ tried to create the thread by mail, but did not seem to work, so I'm creating
it from the web UI. Sorry if there's a duplicate coming in...]

Hi,

The problem started with a user that could not connect with his initial
password from the GUI: Username or password incorrect.

I reset it myself, and tried with the new temp password: idem.

I retried many many times. Same.
I tried creating a new user, same.

In the meantime I realized the admin password had expired.
I could not update it successfully via the command-line, but I could using the
GUI.

I tried many things, but now "ipa user-status" fails for a lot of accounts:
pa: ERROR: xxxxx: user not found

I tried creating a new account from command-line with ipa user-add, then asks
for the status using "ipa user-status", it failed the same way.

What's happening ?
What should I try ?

Thanks.