On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 08:30:16PM -0000, Mike Conner via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> So you're saying the client is probably not finding the AD KDC through DNS
> SRV calls?

Not necessarily not finding, but perhaps the AD KDCs the client
discovers are slow to respond?

What exactly were the changes to krb5.conf that helped you?

btw previously in the log snippet you sent, the AD domain was already
marked as Inactive, so I was mostly guessing as per what caused the AD
domain to flip to the Inactive state in the first place -- although on
the client, an authentication timeout is the most likely issue.