On ke, 01 elo 2018, Alfredo De Luca wrote:
Hi Alexander. yes I did.. these are all the options with client install

ipa-client-install --force-join --domain digit.test --server idm.digit.test
--realm MYTESTDOMAIN.IT --hostname ipa-repl.digit.test --mkhomedir -U
--principal admin --password <password>

and all went well. I can access the host with IPA users and so on....
What was the reason to force specifying --domain digit.test if your
realm is MYTESTDOMAIN.IT and primary DNS domain mytestdomain.it?

You should have used --domain mytestdomain.it in the first place.
According to the man page for ipa-client-install,

      --domain=DOMAIN
              The primary DNS domain of an existing IPA deployment, e.g.
              example.com. This DNS domain should contain the SRV
              records generated by the IPA server installer.  Usually
              the name is a lower-cased name of an IPA Kerberos realm
              name.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Sr. Principal Software Engineer