On pe, 10 elo 2018, Alfredo De Luca via FreeIPA-users wrote:
Hi all.
If I don't have freeipa dns and we use external DNS and I wanted to use
_srv_ for all the clients to connect automatically when a master goes down
what should I do on the DNS server?
With FreeIPA 4.4 or later there is a command

 ipa dns-update-system-records --dry-run

which gives you a list of actual DNS entries that should exist. It does
not include A/AAAA records for the masters but it has all SRV/TXT
records needed (and A record for the CRL master, ipa-ca.$domain).

If you'd add --out=/some/file.txt, you'll get the output in nsupdate format.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Sr. Principal Software Engineer