On ke, 15 elo 2018, Kat wrote:
I think you missed the point. This only happens randomly, but to clarify - it also lists the host fully qualified.
Then show the log entries from krb5kdc.log.

One entry might list the host as host1.example.com and with a username1 are the principal. The next entry is identical and it throws the error as not in the database. The only difference is random times. It comes from the exact same jobs, but these jobs run hourly for example, and sometimes they fail, sometimes they don't.

Does that help at all? I will try to get exact log entries, just have to sanitize them.
No, it doesn't. You need to show logs. Make sure to differentiate
between fqdn and non-fqdn in the sanitized logs too.

'Server not found in Kerberos database' is a clear error message that
says a Kerberos client attempts to obtain a ticket to a service KDC
doesn't know about. In most cases this is indeed about FQDN/non-FQDN
hostnames in use.

There are 3 conditions in KDC code for this error:
- an empty (NULL) target service was requested
- a target service Kerberos principal was not found
- a referral to the target service realm was not found

Theoretically, the latter two can be caused by an LDAP driver not being
able to look the entry for the target service Kerberos principal for
whatever reasons, but then we could see an error in either krb5kdc.log
or in the access log of the LDAP server, associated with the connection
used by the krb5kdc.