Hi,
I consider to deploy FreeIPA in my home network.
In this network I run several servers and workstations with both Linux and
Windows.
In addition I have setup some Webservices running in containers (LXC).
I have only one public IP and manage the (privately hosted) Webservices with a
reverse proxy.
The network architecture includes several networks, e.g. LAN, DMZ, ...
All networks are secured by relevant iptables roules.

I want a central user management strong security management.
This is included in FreeIPA.

In addition FreeIPA includes some network related features, e.g. DNS.

And here starts my problem.
Currently I manage the DNS of my public domain with the domain provider.
If I install FreeIPA I need to shutdown the DNS management with the domain
provider and manage this by myself.
Can I shutdown this DNS service before starting FreeIPA installation w/o
impacting DNS resolution to my domain?
What happens if FreeIPA is down? Should there be any redundancy?

THX