On Thu, Nov 08, 2018 at 11:39:41AM +0000, Peter Oliver wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Nov 2018, 01:41 Fraser Tweedale <ftwee...@redhat.com wrote:
>

> > Please check the LDAP entry 'uid=pkidbuser,ou=people,o=ipaca'.
> > Do the 'userCertificate', 'description' and 'seeAlso' attributes
> > match the IPA RA certificate (/var/lib/ipa/ra-agent.pem)?
> >
> > If not, update the entry to match the certificate.
> >

> Thanks.  Entry uid=pkidbuser,ou=people,o=ipaca contained the certificate
> for "CN=CA Subsystem", not "CN=IPA RA" as was found in
> /var/lib/ipa/ra-agent.pem.  However, changing it didn't change the errors I
> received when trying to use vault, and additionally caused pki-tomcatd to
> be unable to restart ("Error netscape.ldap.LDAPException: Authentication
> failed (49)").  It seems like it's more than this one thing that's out of
> place.

I'm sorry Peter, I told you the wrong user entry.  I should have
said uid=ipara, not uid=pkidbuser.  I'm sorry for the mistake.
Please restore the uid=pkidbuser entry to its previous state, and
perform the steps I mentioned against the uid=ipara entry instead.
(Note that the ipara entry doesn't have or need the 'seeAlso'
attribute).

(I got confused because both of these entries need to be in sync
with a certificate.  The pkidbuser entry is used by Dogtag to
authenticate to the LDAP database).

Thanks,
Fraser