On ti, 04 joulu 2018, Andrey Ptashnik via FreeIPA-users wrote:
Dear FreeIPA Team,

I have an issue with Web GUI throwing error message "Login failed due to an unknown
reason" when login through Web interface.
Other functionality like directory service, DNS and authentication with
ipa-clients seems to work fine.

I first spotted this issue in 4.5.0 and tried troubleshooting steps
from previous thread, however that did not help.  Hoping that issue is
solved in higher versions I tried upgrading ipa-server packages via:

# yum upgrade ipa-server
# ipa-server-upgrade

However it did not solve the issue in 4.6.6 and exactly the same
behavior I saw in version 4.5.0

# rpm -q ipa-server.x86_64 krb5-libs.x86_64 krb5-server.x86_64
cyrus-sasl-gssapi.x86_64 sssd-krb5.x86_64 httpd.x86_64
ipa-server-4.6.4-10.el7.centos.x86_64
krb5-libs-1.15.1-34.el7.x86_64
krb5-server-1.15.1-34.el7.x86_64
cyrus-sasl-gssapi-2.1.26-23.el7.x86_64
sssd-krb5-1.16.2-13.el7.x86_64
httpd-2.4.6-88.el7.centos.x86_64

# cat /etc/*release*
CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708 (Core)
Just a note -- the above is not a CentOS 7.4.1708. If you updated IPA
packages selectively to a version from CentOS 7.6.1810 without updating
whole distribution to that version, there is no guarantee everything is
working.

What could be the next troubleshooting step in my case?
Please show

getcert list -f /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.crt

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Sr. Principal Software Engineer