On Tue, 2018-12-04 at 09:43 +0100, Florence Blanc-Renaud via FreeIPA-
users wrote:
> On 12/3/18 6:10 PM, Brian Topping via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> > Hi all, I have a question about TOTP authenticators (Google Authenticator,
> > Authy, FreeOTP):
> >
> > Why is it that a given URL/QRCode can load into all three authenticators,
> > but all three give different OTP values at any given time and only FreeOTP
> > actually works?
>
> Hi,
>
> TOTP values are generated using the current time to ensure their
> uniqueness. I didn't have any issue when using Google Authenticator and
> FreeOTP, but you need to make sure that the clocks are in sync when
> using TOTP.

Keep in mind that a hardware (or even software) token may have clock
drifting issues. These are handled by the server via token re-sync.
It is best to have clocks in sync, but if the clock doesn't jump wildly
the server should be able to handle clock differences with, at most, a
re-sync.

Simo.

> > When I run `ipa otp-sync` with values from Authy, it crashes:
> >
> > ```
> > [root@ns-0 /]# ipa otptoken-sync 752f744e-1879-4499-a9c5-8932f739d26a
> > User ID: player1
> > Password:
> > First Code:
> > Second Code:
> > ipa: ERROR: non-public: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute
> > 'name'
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipalib/backend.py", line 139, in
> > execute
> >     result = self.Command[_name](*args, **options)
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipalib/frontend.py", line 447, in
> > __call__
> >     return self.__do_call(*args, **options)
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipalib/frontend.py", line 475, in
> > __do_call
> >     ret = self.run(*args, **options)
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipalib/frontend.py", line 1199, in
> > run
> >     return self.forward(*args, **options)
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/ipaclient/plugins/otptoken.py",
> > line 168, in forward
> >     query['token'] = DN((obj.primary_key.name, args[0]),
> > AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'name'
> > ipa: ERROR: an internal error has occurred
> > ```
> >

> I could consistently reproduce the AttributeError exception. Could you
> please open a ticket on pagure for this issue
> (https://pagure.io/freeipa/new_issue)?
>
> flo
>

> > Thanks kindly for any leads on this!
> >
> > Brian