On 12/6/18 4:23 PM, Milos Cuculovic via FreeIPA-users wrote:
I have an issue trying to install freeipa-client on Ubuntu16.04 (worked on
other 16.04 servers but this one is somehow failing).
The problem is with the postinst script that fails on this line:

     python2 -c 'from ipapython.certdb import create_ipa_nssdb; create_ipa_nssdb()'
>/dev/null 2>&1

While trying to run from CLI: python2 -c 'from ipapython.certdb import
create_ipa_nssdb’, I’m getting:

     ImportError: cannot import name create_ipa_nssdb

I have checked the python file in question:
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ipapython/certdb.py, there is no
definition for create_ipa_nssdb

Any idea? I already tried to purge and reinstall the freeipa-client, but no
luck.

Hi,

the function create_ipa_nssdb() has been moved from the ipapython.certdb package to the ipaclient.install.client package with the commit fba6c21 [1] fixing issue 6474 [2]. This was delivered in release FreeIPA 4.5.0 [3]. Which version of freeIPA is installed on your system? It looks like the packages are >= 4.5.0 but they are inconsistent with the content of the postinst script.

flo

[1] https://github.com/freeipa/freeipa/commit/fba6c21da3fbe0a62a96118eb32f205249ab3736
[2] https://pagure.io/freeipa/issue/6474
[3] https://www.freeipa.org/page/Releases/4.5.0