On ma, 11 maalis 2019, Callum Smith wrote:
Dear Alexander,

We're wondering that too, there's obviously a disparity between the
domain that either end is issuing the LDAP ticket for, and the SRV
records for the `virt.in.bmrc.ox.ac.uk` domain all point to the LDAP
endpoint. Do i need specific SRV records for ldaps and not ldap? I
earlier attached a screenshot of our domain setup for the VIRT
subdomain.

I fear the opposite may be the case and the client is requesting the
correct one but the ldap server is defaulting to the root domain not
the subdomain.
Well, the server is doing the right thing as it doesn't know anything
about the subdomain's hostname. Kernel has only a single hostname.

Can you do a check like this from the client:

export KRB5_TRACE=/dev/stderr
kinit admin
ldapsearch -Y GSSAPI -h ipa-b.virt.in.bmrc.ox.ac.uk -b
dc=in,dc=bmrc,dc=ox,dc=ac,dc=uk -s base

Regards,
Callum

--

Callum Smith
Research Computing Core

On 11 Mar 2019, at 16:19, Alexander Bokovoy