Hi,

My Web Server is enrolled in the FreeIPA domain, but the clients are external.
So login is done via a custom login form - part of the Web Application.
In this setup, I know how to authenticate the clients to the Web Application
using FreeIPA as a backend - I can use mod_intercept_form_submit, and it works
just fine.

But what if I need to obtain Kerberos credentials on behalf of the current
user? (I believe, smart people call it "delegation" in Kerberos world).

To be more specific - suppose that the Web Application features personal secret
vaults, and it uses FreeIPA Vaults as a backend. So, a user X logs in, he wants
to see his personal vaults - the Web Application must obtain Kerberos
credentials on his behalf (not on HTTP/.... service behalf, because I don't
want to make it owner of all vaults).

Or another example - suppose that the Web Application manages my
infrastructure. So a user X (who is infra-admin) logs in and requests to add a
new host to the domain. The Web Application must then go and execute some
privileged FreeIPA calls (like host_add etc.). Again, I'd like it to
authenticate on behalf of this user X, instead of making the HTTP/... service
infra-admin by itself. This way I don't need to store any passwords or keytabs
with such sensitive credentials (the infra-admin will always come in person and
type his password).

Can you please point me to the right direction?
Thanks.