Hey John,

thanks again for a detailed information. I do understand this, but maybe
I am overthinking it. The current setup (non IPA) is:

company.com Domain name,
Using kerberos on kerberos.company.com.
SRV & TXT Records all point to kerberos.company.com.

All user prinicipals are u...@company.com, all kerberized
services/keytabs have a principal of host/vm4.company....@company.com

What we are aiming for is: A User requests a TGT via

kinit j...@company.com (ignoring default realms for a bit) and it would
receive a TGT from either IPA server issues to

  j...@company.com

Servers are in the form

  host/server.company....@company.com

Also, things that use ldap want dc=company,dc=com.
We will not be using any Windows / AD things. Only UNIX/Linux.
The Services are used in house as well as from around the world (public).

Thanks so much.
-Christian.

 Christian Reiss - em...@christian-reiss.de         /"\  ASCII Ribbon
                   supp...@alpha-labs.net           \ /    Campaign
                                                     X   against HTML
 WEB alpha-labs.net                                 / \   in eMails