Note I assume that by "domains" you mean just DNS domains not separate
FreeIPA installs, if they are separate installs then it would be a lot
more complicated.

Another way that you can handle auth sys is to configure the domain on
the server (as any of the domain strings you want) and then use the
same domain on all clients), that should make them work.

On Mon, 2019-10-07 at 12:37 -0400, Simo Sorce via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> If you use krb5 authentication you should have no issues, are you using
> auth=sys instead ?
>
> On Fri, 2019-10-04 at 17:10 -0500, Kevin Vasko via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I’ve got FreeIPA setup where I have multiple domains for client machines
> > depending on their geography.
> >
> > For example, ca.example.com, and ny.example.com.
> >
> > I have a NFS server in nfs-server.ny.example.com and users mapping the NFS
> > server on their clients from ny.example.com and ca.example.com. Users in
> > ny.example.com show files owner:group just fine but users in ca.example.com
> > everything on the nfs server shows nobody:nogroup or nobody: 4294967294
> >
> > On the clients I’m seeing this issue on I see these error messages in the
> > log.
> >
> > Oct  4 16:53:14 aiml1 nfsidmap[7867]: nss_getpwnam: name
> > ‘u...@ny.example.com' does not map into domain 'ca.example.com’
> >
> > I did some googling and people are saying to add the domain to
> > /etc/idmapd.conf but since I already have multiple domains (3 actually) I
> > don’t see how this will work for all instances unless I can add multiple
> > domains. I don’t see an obvious way to add multiple domains.
> >
> > Is there a clean way to handle this?
> >
> > -Kevin
>
> --
> Simo Sorce