Hello,

I’m trying to implement SSH Hostbased Authentication between IPA joined
machines but I’m with difficulties regarding:

* The /etc/ssh/ssh_known_hosts file.

        In a FreeIPA environment the known_hosts are stored on IPA, and I’m
aware of the ProxyCommand /usr/bin/sss_ssh_knownhostsproxy; but how can I
create this file with the entries from FreeIPA?

* Another issue is with the /etc/ssh/shosts.equiv file.

        It supports plain hostnames or netgroups, which is a NIS thing. FreeIPA
offers any netgroups compatibility? I’m expecting to put something like: @nodes
on this file to keep it simple. Any changes on IPA hosts would be reflected
automatically.

Thanks,

PS: Further documentation about SSH Hostbased Authentication:
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OpenSSH/Cookbook/Host-based_Authentication