On 12/4/2019 11:16 AM, Alexander Bokovoy via FreeIPA-users wrote:
On ke, 04 joulu 2019, Stephen John Smoogen via FreeIPA-users wrote:
On Tue, 3 Dec 2019 at 21:43, TomK via FreeIPA-users
<freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org> wrote:

Hey All,

Does FreeIPA fully support IPV6 or are there corner cases and
limitations that could make it a show stopper?

Can you define 'fully support' IPV6? I say this from seeing various IT
groups still having to deal with major network hardware vendors saying
they 'fully support IPV6' but still needing weekly firmware updates
because of switch crashes due to IPv6 options. And the problem seems
to be that the IPV6 spec is complex and spread out over multiple
documents with parts implemented from draft documents that never got
out of committee. At times I doubt anything fully supports IPv6 so it
is better to come up with what you mean by what you need IPv6 support
to do and work from there.

Yep. On the other hand, FreeIPA does have few open IPv6-related problems
at the moment. It is known to work in the most IPv6 environments we have
seen so far but there are management issues in DNS handling, for
example.

https://pagure.io/freeipa/issue/5658
https://pagure.io/freeipa/issue/4674

Whether these issues prevent you to deploy FreeIPA in IPv6-only
environment is up to you.

Thanks everyone. What I mean by 'fully supported' is just as the subject says, the FreeIPA piece.

To clarify a bit further I'll break this down into two parts:

1) FreeIPA Core Project: Let's assume for the sake of this discussion that the OS, Hardware and what not fully supports IPv6. So in other words, anything outside the realm of what you control or code within the FreeIPA project is out of scope of this question.

2) Integration: FreeIPA / SSSD will integrate with a host of technologies including SSSD, 389 Directory Server etc. If any of those components aren't ready and impact FreeIPA components, I would be interested to know.

--
Thx,
TK.