On 12/23/19 4:22 PM, Michael Plemmons via FreeIPA-users wrote:
I am updating from 4.6.4-10 to 4.6.5-11 on on CentOS 7. The server I am working on is one of three in a production cluster.

The yum update failed and I get the Failed to authenticate to CA REST API in the ipa upgrade log.

I have followed past emails that state the contents of

ldapsearch -D cn=directory\ manager -W -b uid=ipara,ou=people,o=ipaca

must match

/var/lib/ipa/ra-agent.pem

I did find that they did not match so I created an LDIF file to make the LDAP entry match the uid=ipara,ou=people,o=ipaca match /var/lib/ipa/ra-agent.pem but I still get the same problem.

============

BEFORE

dn: uid=ipara,ou=people,o=ipaca
MT.CROSSCHX.COM <http://MT.CROSSCHX.COM>
uid: ipara
sn: ipara
usertype: agentType
userstate: 1
userCertificate:: MIIDfTC...CUirreECTetw==
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: cmsuser
cn: ipara

snippet of ra-agent.pem

MIIDfTCCA...SLZXf2l

(root)>openssl x509 -noout -text -in /var/lib/ipa/ra-agent.pem
Certificate:
         Version: 3 (0x2)
         Serial Number: 7 (0x7)
     Signature Algorithm: sha256WithRSAEncryption
        Issuer: O=MGMT.CROSSCHX.COM <http://MGMT.CROSSCHX.COM>, CN=Certificate Authority
         Validity
             Not Before: Jan 24 16:44:17 2018 GMT
             Not After : Jan 14 16:44:17 2020 GMT