On ke, 29 huhti 2020, Ronald Wimmer via FreeIPA-users wrote:
I've managed to successfully migrate my ipa server #1 (including CA renewal master) to RHEL8. After a few checks I found out that the trust controller role was missing on the new system. So I ran ipa-adtrust-install. However, the command "id myuser@ad.domain" did not return any results. ipactl status revealed that smbd and winbind were not running. ipactl restart did not help.

Any ideas on how to get the trust controller role working again on the new machine?

Is this RHEL or CentOS? CentOS 8.1 still suffers from https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=16929

If this is RHEL, then if you'd collect sosreport, opening a case with
Red Hat Support would be a good idea.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Sr. Principal Software Engineer