Hello,

I would like to know how to handle reverse DNS zones when AD trust is enabled.

I do have separate domains for AD and IPA as required, but the reverse zones
are mixed, since the hosts are on the same network, which is common. In this
scenario where should the reverse DNS zone be hosted? On the AD side? On IPA?
How to make this work without breaking dynamic DNS updates for the PTR zones?
Should any of them keep the zones as slaves?

There’s some older discussions here on the list but without continuity and I
don’t know the results, like this one:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/freeipa-users/2015-June/msg00555.html

In this old thread, the recommendation was to move the reverse zone to IPA and
make some grants on BIND to allow Dynamic DNS updates.

But is this still the case?
There’s any oficial guidance in this issue?
This scenario is supported or I must have separate networks, even with VLANs
and IP addresses, for *nix and Windows clients?

Thanks,