Hi

I am trying to mix files based automount entries with some entries from
IPA. I found that in order to make this work on Centos clients I must
place files before sss in nsswitch. After this discovery I just made my
ansible setup ensure this.

grep automount /etc/nsswitch.conf
#automount:  files nisplus sss
automount:  files sss

Now moving to Centos 8 I found warnings in nsswitch, not to edit it
directly, so I revisited this oddity. I found that according to
Redhat(1) authselect should not be used anyway, when IPA is in charge.
But the setup made by ipa-client-automount also had the same problem:
sss before files.

Actually, I dont mind which one is consulted first, I have no mixed
maps. But to me it seems that when sss is consulted first, auto.master
is not used at all.
Is this a in my setup or in Centos/Redhat - or am I missing something?

(1)https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/8/html/using_authselect_on_a_red_hat_enterprise_linux_host/configuring-user-authentication-using-authselect_using_authselect_on_a_red_hat_enterprise_linux_host

--
Regards
Klaus