On 05.06.20 17:33, Ronald Wimmer via FreeIPA-users wrote:
On 05.06.20 16:24, Ronald Wimmer via FreeIPA-users wrote:
I did an IPA migration from CentOS 7 machines to OL 8.1 following the procedure as documented in https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/8/html/installing_identity_management/migrate-7-to-8_migrating .

Today I found out that only four of my eight IPA servers do resolve AD users (tested with id <AD_user> on every IPA server). The setup procedure did not differ. (except for machine no. 1 which is the CA renewal master)

AD users are resolved on machines 1, 5, 6 and 8. Machine 2, 3, 4 and 7 do not resolve AD users.

When upgrading we could neither keep hostnames nor IP addresses. Might this explain the behaviour above? (could the working machines have IPs of former trust controllers?)

I think I was panicking too early. Because the sssd-db-cache was mounted in RAM I rebooted the IPA servers sequentially and voilĂ  the problem disappeared.

Is there any means of checking the IPA installation? I will try ipa-healthcheck today.

Cheers,
Ronald