Hi I am trying to search ldap user using the following command but with
invalid credentials error: # ldapsearch -x -h ldap://ipm.example.net
<http://ldaps//idm.example.net> -p 389 -b "*dc=example,dc=net*" -D "
*uid=ldapbind,cn=users,cn=account,dc=example,dc=net*" uid=ambariadmin1 -W
Enter LDAP Password: *ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)* I have double
checked the password but the error still persists. Before that, i have
added a ldap bind user with the following procedure *[root@example ~]# cat
ldapbind.ldif* dn: uid=ldapbind,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=net
changetype: add objectclass: account objectclass: simplesecurityobject uid:
ambaribind userPassword: secret123 passwordExpirationTime: 20380119031407Z
nsIdleTimeout: 0 *[root@example ~]# ldapmodify -h **example.net*
<http://example.net/>* -p 389 -x -D "cn=Directory Manager" -w 'secret123'
-f ldapbind.ldif* adding new entry
"uid=ldapbind,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=net" *[root@example ~]#
ipa user-show ambaribind --raw --all* dn:
uid=ldapbind,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=example,dc=net uid: ldapbind
nsaccountlock: FALSE has_password: TRUE has_keytab: FALSE objectClass:
account objectClass: simplesecurityobject objectClass: top Without bind
user, i can search the user *[root@example ~]# ldapsearch -x -h *
*ipa.example.net* <http://idm.infodetics.net/>* -p 389 -b
"cn=ambari,dc=example,dc=net" uid=ambariadmin1* Can any one plz guide me
where is the issue ? Regards