I’ve been running a number of macs bound to FreeIPA for years now.  The biggest
nuisance is that I haven’t found a way to make home directory when one doesn’t
exist.
Without a home directory, a users logs in, the beachball spins forever and the
user never gets a desktop because there is no user home directory.

"createhomedir -c -a" functions (on most systems), but I’d rather not run this
in cron.

Has anyone found the PAM secret to have this function like mkhomedir on a
CentOS host?

CentOS 7
grant@outhouse:~[20201213-6:51][#1003]$ authconfig --test | grep mkhome
pam_mkhomedir or pam_oddjob_mkhomedir is enabled (umask=0077)
grant@outhouse:~[20201213-6:51][#1004]$

I wish there were an authconfig on os-x

- grant
This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for use by the addressee(s)
named herein and may contain confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this email and any attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please immediately notify the
sender by return email and permanently delete the original, any copy and any
printout thereof. The integrity and security of e-mail cannot be guaranteed.