At work, I manage a small lab that is used by my team (< 10 people).
All lab users are currently managed in the lab FreeIPA, but we all use
it extensively, so creating separate credentials for the lab isn't
overly burdensome.

We're now expanding the lab, and the number of users who may need access
to it at some point is set to grow dramatically.  Additionally, many of
these people are likely to be "one shot" users; they will need access to
some lab resources for a week or so and then not use it again for
months.  For these users, I would *really* like to avoid the usual
user creation/password reset dance.

Fortunately(?) all of these users already have credentials in our
corporate IPA infrastructure.  Is it possible to define users in the
local IdM server that will use the corporate server for authentication?