We had a developer team deploy their own CA and then issue a slew of
certificates for users' workstations and other servers, and now they want us to
deploy those certificates more widely. I'd rather find a way to bring their CA
under ours so that the root CA certificate we already distribute will make
theirs "just work" rather than having to distribute another set of root CA
certificates.

Is this possible, or would they have to start over and build a subordinate CA
from the ground up to make it work? If it's perhaps possible, under what
circumstances?

Thanks!

Bret