On 3/23/21 10:38 AM, Miguel Hinojosa via FreeIPA-users wrote:
We're facing some intermittent failures in IPA server, where the corresponding
IPA groups are not mapped correctly (some or all ipa groups are missing).

Short description of the set up: 2 IPA server nodes, both have a trust with AD
servers that act as authenticators. The AD users get mapped based on Unix
Attributes, and in IPA they belong to certain IPA groups for granting them
access to server groups and sudo rules.

What we're facing now is what seems to be a cache corruption or at least
alteration with some information not being reflected in the cache. The
workaround for now is to delete the cache (sometime in the client only, but
occasionally also needed to delete it on the server). After that, the IPA
groups are back again reported correctly, but eventually, after some 5 or 10
minutes, the groups are wrong again and users can not login (because they are
not reported to belong to the group(s) that have access to the given server).

The issue started after we patched (yum update) the first node. We did then not
run the ipa-server-upgrade command after OS update. We have done it like a week
after, and it reported to have completed successfully. But still the
malfunctioning persists.

Let us know which logs or config files we could provide you.
Hi,

which IPA + SSSD versions are installed on the server/client?
Your issue looks similar to https://pagure.io/freeipa/issue/8044 but this problem was fixed a while ago.

In order to troubleshoot, you can add debug_level = 9 to sssd.conf, see [1] for more information.

Does the id command return the correct list of groups on the master configured as trust controller (group id and group name are present in "id" output)?
Are the missing groups defined on AD side or on IPA side?

flo

[1] https://sssd.io/docs/users/troubleshooting.html

Thanks and regards
https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure