Am Tue, May 11, 2021 at 02:28:49PM -0000 schrieb iulian roman via FreeIPA-users:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I try to override some uid and gid for AD users in Idm  (I added all
> users for which I need to override attributes in Default Trust View)
> and although everything works properly on both IdM server and replica,
> I cannot query the users on the ipa clients. Any other users (which
> are not part of the Default Trust View) are visible and groups
> displayed correctly on ipa clients.
> So far, I have removed cache on both ipa server and client, restarted
> sssd , removed /var/lib/sss/db/* but no success. I have enabled
> debugging as well for sss, nss , but nothing relevant .  The odd thing
> is that sometimes I could query some of the users for which override
> was configured , but I do not know why (I tried to correlate with the
> group membership, number of groups the user is member of, etc but
> unsuccessfully ).
> On the ipa clients the sssd version I use is 1.16.1 and on the ipa
> server sssd version is 2.3.0 . Can that make a difference or be the
> cause of the issue ?

Hi,

the typical reason for this behavior are primary GIDs which cannot be
resolved to a name. If you set the primary GID for a user in an
id-override this GID must belong to an existing group or must be the GID
in a group id-override. If you call 'getent group GID' is must return a
group.

HTH

bye,
Sumit