Juan Pablo Lorier via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a production server that was not maintained and I see that the HTTP
> certificate has expired long ago. I tried to renew it but I'm not being agle
> to get it right.
>
> The initial status was:
>
> Request ID '20191219011208':
>       status: NEWLY_ADDED_NEED_KEYINFO_READ_PIN
>       stuck: yes
>       key pair storage: type=FILE,location='/var/lib/ipa/private/httpd.key'
>       certificate: type=FILE,location='/var/lib/ipa/certs/httpd.crt'
>
> Then following this thread
> https://lists.fedorahosted.org/archives/list/freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org/message/GLFHCL2DW4LD2GQTTAZRYSXUGQQXD67Q/
>
> I got it to this state:
>
> Request ID '20191219011208':
>       status: MONITORING
>       ca-error: Server at https://dc1.tnu.com.uy/ipa/xml failed request, will
> retry: -504 (HTTP POST to URL 'https://XXXX/ipa/xml' failed.  libcurl failed
> even to execute the HTTP transaction, explaining:  SSL certificate problem:
> certificate has expired).
>       stuck: no
>       key pair storage:
> type=FILE,location='/var/lib/ipa/private/httpd.key',pinfile='/var/lib/ipa/passwds/XXXXX-443-RSA'
>       certificate: type=FILE,location='/var/lib/ipa/certs/httpd.crt'
>
> The post indicates that I have to put an old date in the server to get it
> renewed, but as the server is in production, it means that all clients will
> fail to log to the server. Evenmore, what time should I return to, before the
> certificate expiration or right after?
> Thanks in advanc

I'd guess that this affects a lot more than just the web server cert.
getcert list will tell you.

Depending on that outcome affect the suggested remediation.

As for going back in time, you'd need a server outage to do this and it
only would be backwards in time for a short time. Just long enough so
the services could start with non-expired certificates to get them
renewed. But there are other ways to do this that don't require fiddling
with time.

rob