On 12.01.23 16:28, Rob Crittenden wrote:
Ronald Wimmer via FreeIPA-users wrote:
I do have a sytemd service unit that uses an IPA used. However, upon
reboot it seems that that particular IPA user is not available upon
start of that particular systemd service.

Using "After=sssd.service" is not sufficient.

What would you recommend in this case?
(I am looking for a reliable systemd solution and do not want to rely on
a script checking for a particular user with getent for example)

You may want to cross-post to the sssd-users list.

I'd try nss-user-lookup.target instead. According to systemd.special(7):

nss-user-lookup.target

A target that should be used as synchronization point for all regular
UNIX user/group name service lookups. Note that this is independent of
host/network name lookups for which nss-lookup.target should be used.
All services for which the availability of the full user/group database
is essential should be ordered after this target, but not pull it in.
All services which provide parts of the user/group database should be
ordered before this target, and pull it in. Note that this unit is only
relevant for regular users and groups — system users and groups are
required to be resolvable during earliest boot already, and hence do not
need any special ordering against this target.

Cheers,
Ronald