Hi,
I have a FreeIPA 4.10 installation with a Squid proxy server using the
ext_kerberos_ldap_group_acl helper for authorizations. At some point the helper
stopped working correctly. The problem is that ext_kerberos_ldap_group_acl uses
the memberuid attribute, which is only available in the
"cn=groups,cn=compat,dc=labeconomia,dc=unich,dc=it" subtree. Unfortunately, it
seems that traversing the compat subtree is only possible when specifying a
search base.

For example, the command

ldapsearch -H <host> "(uid=studente)"

returns the user
"uid=studente,cn=users,cn=accounts,dc=labeconomia,dc=unich,dc=it"

If I want to get the corresponding user in the compat subtree, I need to
specify a search base as in

ldapsearch -H <host> -b "cn=compat,dc=labeconomia,dc=unich,dc=it"
"(uid=studente)"

which correctly returns
"uid=studente,cn=users,cn=compat,dc=labeconomia,dc=unich,dc=it"

Now I wonder: is this the correct behavior ? And if this is correct, why did
ext_kerberos_ldap_group_acl use to work in the past ?

Thanks for any help.