On 6/1/23 15:18, Sumit Bose via FreeIPA-users wrote:
Am Thu, Jun 01, 2023 at 02:18:40PM +0200 schrieb Jelle de Jong via
FreeIPA-users:
Hello everybody,

I am looking for a way to digitally sign documents by end-users within an
organisation.

Hi,

correct me if I'm wrong, but to my understanding the certificate is not
sufficient for a digital signature because this requires the private key
and the certificate will only contain the public key for others to
verify your signature.

I agree with you, I can not figure out where FreeIPA would store the users private key?

However it does mention S/MIME signing support, and also not sure if these wiki pages are a draft of future features.

https://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/User_Certificates#S.2FMIME_and_User_Signing_Certificates

https://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Sub-CAs

https://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/Certificate_Profiles

Does someone know if I can use FreeIPA as RootCA to and create new user private/public key pairs and store them in FreeIPA and retrieve them with SSSD?

I can add a certificate to every user with our IPA user-add-cert system.

I can use SSSD clients to pull up te certificate.

org.freedesktop.sssd.infopipe.Users.FindByCertificate

Is there a way to integrate SSSD user certificates into the Mozilla
Certificate Manager?

https://www.freeipa.org/page/V4/User_Certificates

https://help.libreoffice.org/6.1/he/text/shared/guide/digitalsign_send.html

Has anybody otherwise done this with CAcert? or intergrate CAcert
certificates into ipa user-add-cert?

Kind regards,

Jelle de Jong