> [...]
>> with servers:
>>
>>     joe-rocky-9.dev.purestake.tech
>>
>> Topology does not allow server oh-ipa-21.dev.purestake.tech to replicate
>> with servers:
>>
>>     joe-rocky-9.dev.purestake.tech.
>>

>> and attempting to delete, ignoring the replication topology:
>>
>> ipa server-del joe-rocky-9.dev.purestake.tech --ignore-topology-disconnect
>>
>> Removing joe-rocky-9.dev.purestake.tech from replication topology,
>> please wait...
>>
>> ipa: ERROR: Not allowed on non-leaf entry
>>

>> When I do a:  ipa topologysegment-find domain the server joe-rocky-9 is
>> not listed in any of the segments.
>>
>> I believe the issue is I have a bunch of replication issues regarding
>> these two servers.  (I had been adding and removing them as I was
>> finding the right way to go about my upgrade)  This command shows both
>> of the servers:
>>

>> ldapsearch "nsds5ReplConflict=*"
>>

>> When I do the following search I see quite a few nsTombstone entries as
>> children, which I assume is what’s blocking me from removing this DN
>> (either using the ipa server-del command or the ldapdelete command).
>>

>> ldapsearch -D "cn=Directory Manager” -W "(objectclass=nsTombstone)" dn
>>

>> When I do this command:
>>

>> ipa-replica-manage  list-ruv
>>
>> Replica Update Vectors:
>>
>> ia-ipa-1.dev.purestake.tech:389: 4
>>
>> oh-ipa-1.dev.purestake.tech:389: 7
>>
>> ia-ipa-2.dev.purestake.tech:389: 3
>>
>> oh-ipa-2.dev.purestake.tech:389: 8
>>
>> joe-rocky-8.dev.purestake.tech:389: 19
>>
>> Certificate Server Replica Update Vectors:
>>
>> ia-ipa-1.dev.purestake.tech:389: 6
>>
>> joe-rocky-8.dev.purestake.tech:389: 20
>>
>> ia-ipa-2.dev.purestake.tech:389: 5
>>

>> I get the expected list of RUVs, without the two servers I want to
>> delete.  Only the serves that are really on-line and legit show up.  So
>> I cannot use the “clean-ruv” command because the bad servers don’t show
>> up with a replication ID.
>>
>> When I do this:
>>
>> ipa-replica-manage -p Extraordinary-northern-Conditioning-Idaho-7
>> clean-dangling-ruv
>>

>> The server 'joe-rocky-9.dev.purestake.tech' appears to be offline.
>>
>> The server 'oh-ipa-21.dev.purestake.tech' appears to be offline.
>>
>> No dangling RUVs found
>>

>> I see the two problematic entries timing out (as expected, since they
>> don’t exist).
>>
>> I’m just not sure how to remove these two dead servers.  It seems like I
>> need to resolve or delete the nsTombstone children, but that doesn’t
>> seem to be possible.
>>
>> I’m kind of wondering if I’m at a point where I’ll need to do an
>> ipa-backup/modify the ldif/ipa-restore to get rid of these?  I’m not
>> even sure that’s possible.
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I'd look at the topology in the UI to see visually how the servers are
> connected. It sounds like the topology sees joe-rocky-9 as the only
> thing connecting most of the replicas.
>
> You can use ipa topology-segment to create new links to other servers

Unfortunately, I don’t think that’s it.

The two servers I’m trying to remove are not required for the topology.  Both
the GUI and the CLI show this:

ipa topologysegment-find  domain
------------------
6 segments matched
------------------
  Segment name: ia-ipa-1.dev.purestake.tech-to-ia-ipa-2.dev.purestake.tech
  Left node: ia-ipa-1.dev.purestake.tech
  Right node: ia-ipa-2.dev.purestake.tech
  Connectivity: both

  Segment name: ia-ipa-1.dev.purestake.tech-to-oh-ipa-1.dev.purestake.tech
  Left node: ia-ipa-1.dev.purestake.tech
  Right node: oh-ipa-1.dev.purestake.tech
  Connectivity: both

  Segment name: ia-ipa-2.dev.purestake.tech-to-oh-ipa-2.dev.purestake.tech
  Left node: ia-ipa-2.dev.purestake.tech
  Right node: oh-ipa-2.dev.purestake.tech
  Connectivity: both

  Segment name: joe-rocky-8.dev.purestake.tech-to-oh-ipa-1.dev.purestake.tech
  Left node: joe-rocky-8.dev.purestake.tech
  Right node: oh-ipa-1.dev.purestake.tech
  Connectivity: both

  Segment name: joe-rocky-8.dev.purestake.tech-to-oh-ipa-21.dev.purestake.tech
  Left node: joe-rocky-8.dev.purestake.tech
  Right node: oh-ipa-21.dev.purestake.tech
  Connectivity: both

  Segment name: oh-ipa-1.dev.purestake.tech-to-oh-ipa-2.dev.purestake.tech
  Left node: oh-ipa-1.dev.purestake.tech
  Right node: oh-ipa-2.dev.purestake.tech
  Connectivity: both
Number of entries returned 6

joe-rocky-9 isn’t listed in the CLI output.  In the GUI, it’s just a green dot
floating off by itself.  oh-ipa-21 has one domain connection to joe-rocky-8.
But I cannot delete that topology segment, probably for whatever reason is
keeping me from deleting the server itself.