> [...]
>>> sections of sssd.conf, restart SSSD, try again and send the SSSD logs
>>> here.
>>>
>>> bye,
>>> Sumit
>>

>> What happens is that when I have the sssd.conf configured like this:
>>
>> [domain/MYDOMAIN.NO]
>> ad_site = dc.mydomain.no
>> ad_domain = mydomain.no
>> id_provider = ad
>> access_provider = ad
>> #auth_provider = krb5
>>
>> It works with certificates and passwords.
>>
>> When I change it to this:
>>
>> [domain/MYDOMAIN.NO]
>> ad_site = dc.mydomain.no
>> ad_domain = mydomain.no
>> id_provider = ldap
>> access_provider = ad
>> auth_provider = krb5
>>
>> ldap_user_principal = userPrincipalName
>>
>> ldap_uri = ldaps://ldap.mydomain.no
>> ldap_default_bind_dn = cn=pam-common,cn=services,dc=mydomain,dc=no
>> ldap_default_authtok = not-so-secret
>> ldap_search_base = cn=system,dc=mydomain,dc=no
>> ldap_netgroup_search_base = cn=netgroups,cn=system,dc=mydomain,dc=no
>> ldap_group_search_base = cn=filegroups,cn=system,dc=mydomain,dc=no
>> ldap_user_home_directory = homeDirectory
>>

>> It doesn’t work. Even the password doesn’t work, which is weird.
>> The rest of the sssd.conf is this:
>>

>> krb5_realm = MYDOMAIN.NO
>> # how long including renewals may a ticket be valid for
>> krb5_renewable_lifetime = 14d
>> # time in seconds between checking if a ticket must be renewed
>> krb5_renew_interval = 3600
>> # template used for placing kerberos tickets by default
>> ad_gpo_map_interactive = +gdm-vmwcred
>> #use_fully_qualified_names = False
>> krb5_store_password_if_offline = True
>>
>> [pam]
>> pam_cert_auth = True
>> pam_p11_allowed_services = +gdm-vmwcred
>> debug_level = 9
>>
>> [certmap/mydomain.no/truesso]
>> matchrule = <EKU>msScLogin
>> maprule =
>> (|(userPrincipalName={subject_principal})(uid={subject_principal.short_name}))
>> domains = mydomain.no
>> priority = 10
>> debug_level = 9
>>

>> Do you see anything that clearly can be the problem?
>>
>> The error I get is this one:
>>
>> Jun 27 12:58:33 localhost.localdomain org.a11y.Bus[6510]: SpiRegistry daemon
>> is running with well-known name - org.a11y.atspi.Registry
>> Jun 27 12:58:34 localhost.localdomain krb5_child[6617]: Pre-authentication
>> failed: Cannot read password
>> Jun 27 12:58:34 localhost.localdomain desktopWorker[5838]:
>> pam_sss(gdm-vmwcred:auth): authentication success; logname= uid=0 euid=0
>> tty= ruser= rhost= user=francis
>
> Hi,
>
> the above says that authentication was successful, so I guess the next
> step, access control, might have failed. Can you try if using
>
>   access_provider = permit
>
> instead of 'access_provider = ad' makes the login successful?

Yes, it worked, with the certificate and all!

Thank you!

Best,
Francis
  • [Freeipa-users] AD certi... Francis Augusto Medeiros-Logeay via FreeIPA-users
    • [Freeipa-users] Re:... Rob Crittenden via FreeIPA-users
      • [Freeipa-users]... Francis Augusto Medeiros-Logeay via FreeIPA-users
        • [Freeipa-us... Sumit Bose via FreeIPA-users
          • [Freeip... Francis Augusto Medeiros-Logeay via FreeIPA-users
            • [F... Sumit Bose via FreeIPA-users