On 9/25/23 13:56, Charles Hedrick via FreeIPA-users wrote:
We did most of this, and have been using it for a few years. However it depends upon the ISC DHCP server, which is now EOL. The replacement, KEA, does not support LDAP, and there are no plans for it to.

I think the reason is that they didn't want to put dynamic addresses in LDAP, because LDAP is thought of as read-mostly. The way LDAP is used in IPA, of course, means there are lots of changes going on. For most sites, I suspect putting leases in LDAP would be OK. But ISC isn't going to help, I don't think.
*From:* Ellsworth, Nathan Andrew via FreeIPA-users <freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org>
*Sent:* Monday, September 25, 2023 2:09 PM
*To:* freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org <freeipa-users@lists.fedorahosted.org>
*Cc:* Ellsworth, Nathan Andrew <nathan.ellswo...@utdallas.edu>
*Subject:* [Freeipa-users] Re: Plans for integrating DHCP

There is an interesting design document already for DHCP with FreeIPA.

https://www.freeipa.org/page/DHCP_Integration_Design

I've already implemented a kea-isc dhcp integration with freeipa.  Been operating for about 16 months now without important change.  Also handles dnssec key rotations.  Allows to designate fixed ips, handles name collisions, generates certs, offers to collect v6 duid with v4 mac under a common freeipa/dns host, etc.   Entirely HA, supports ranges via via across a dozen 'inside client locations', etc.   Uses mariadb as a backend to kea-dhcp. And supports connectivity to more than one ISP for HA purposes. https://rockstablesystems.com   It was 'quite a ride' from a tech perspective.

HC

Fedora Code of
Conduct:https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/project/code-of-conduct/