Jaehwan Kim via FreeIPA-users wrote:
> Hello Rob,
>
> I successfully installed a single FreeIPA server with fedora-39-4.11.0
> docker(container) and tested performance with high host_add rate (14 host_add
> per min) by about 1K clients.
>
> Test procedure is like...
> First, I added 500 hosts successfully and waited for about 10 mins.
> Then, I tried to add 500 hosts more and I could see ldap disconnection
> problem.
>
> To analyze the problem, I looked into the log and found many logs :
> TCP_ERROR", "client_ip": "3.39.196.155", "server_ip": "34.146.187.171",
> "ldap_version": 3, "conn_id": 3043, "msg": "Bad Ber Tag or uncleanly closed
> connection - B1" }
>
> Command I used to find out error log is :
> cat /var/log/dirsrv/slapd-SAMSUNGSRE-COM/security  | grep TCP_ERROR
>
> Can you please give me a piece of advice?

I'd correlate the connection id in the security log to the access log to
see what it failed on and if any additional reason was given. I'd guess
it is timeout related.

A host is generally a prety standalone object not requiring much process
in LDAP other than the write.

Do you have any automember hostgroups defined? That could definitely
have an impact.

rob