Rob Crittenden wrote:
James Roman wrote:
First off, thanks Rob for the direction on creating a certificate. After reading up on Mozilla's NSS, I think I've got a pretty fair grounding.

So I successfully generated a CSR and had it signed. I imported my certificate and CA chain into the NSS database and exported it to a PKCS12 cert. I am primarily concerned with using the public cert on the HTTP interface. However, when I go to import it using ipa-server-certificate, it chokes on the names in the CA certificate chain. (One of the certs uses full website address for the name.) I can manually import each of the certificates in the CA chain using certutil on the /etc/httpd/alias directory.

What do you mean by choke? Do you have a python backtrace or can you send me the ipaserver-install.log?
Here is what I get when importing the p12 file using "ipa-server-certinstall". The reasons for the errors are fairly self-evident when you see how it parses the command line arguments.

# ipa-server-certinstall -w /data/ipacerts/godaddy/server.suffix.com-godaddycert.pfx --http_pin='mysecretpin' an unexpected error occurred: Command '/usr/bin/certutil -d /etc/httpd/alias -M -n Builtin Object Token:Go Daddy Class 2 CA" [OU=Go Daddy Class 2 Certification Authority,O="The Go Daddy Group, Inc. -t CT,CT,' returned non-zero exit status 255
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/usr/sbin/ipa-server-certinstall", line 137, in main
   server_cert = import_cert(dirname, pkcs12_fname, options.http_pin, "")
 File "/usr/sbin/ipa-server-certinstall", line 116, in import_cert
   cdb.trust_root_cert(server_cert[0])
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ipaserver/certs.py", line 322, in trust_root_cert
   "-t", "CT,CT,"])
File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ipaserver/certs.py", line 126, in run_certutil
   return ipautil.run(new_args, stdin)
 File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ipa/ipautil.py", line 97, in run
   raise CalledProcessError(p.returncode, ' '.join(args))
CalledProcessError: Command '/usr/bin/certutil -d /etc/httpd/alias -M -n Builtin Object Token:Go Daddy Class 2 CA" [OU=Go Daddy Class 2 Certification Authority,O="The Go Daddy Group, Inc. -t CT,CT,' returned non-zero exit status 255

I'm left with most of the certificate chain

Will this work?
Are there any other configuration changes that I need to make the http interface function properly (like changes in the nss.conf)? What about manually modifying the directory server (/etc/dirsrv/slapd-KRBDOMAIN)?

What distro are you using?

rob
Fedora 9