From: Rob Crittenden <rcrit...@redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [Freeipa-users] Migrate data from OpenLdap to FreeIPA
To: "John Robert Mendoza" <jrober...@yahoo.com>
Cc: "Thu Nguyen" <nta...@tma.com.vn>, "Thu Nguyen Thi Anh" <thu...@tma.com.vn>,
freeipa-users@redhat.com
Date: Tuesday, 15 September, 2009, 8:30 PM

John Robert Mendoza wrote:
> Hi Thu, Rob, and All,
>
> Have you made the necessary migration to FreeIPA. I too have migrated from an
> OpenLDAP to freeipa but have encountered some problems.  After I have
> imported all the users from the OpenLDAP server to FreeIPA, I can't seem to
> get a Kerberos ticket.  Is there any workaround on how I can make this
> migration work.  All the entries have been successfully added and bind to the
> FreeIPA server works but doing kinit doesn't.

You're probably lacking at least kerberos keys. Did you set the
krbprinicpalname on each entry?

In order to generate the kerberos keys you need a cleartext password which is
why it isn't as simple as loading an LDIF. If you change the password of your
users that should generate the keys assuming they have the appropriate object
class (krbprincipalaux).

We are working on a mechanism where a user will be able to authenticate using
their migrated password and this will generate the kerberos keys but it isn't
quite finished yet.

rob

> TIA.
>
> John Robert Mendoza

      How do I pick the best badminton racket? Discover the secret on Yahoo!
Answers! http://ph.answers.yahoo.com/