Michael Kang wrote:
Dear FreeIPA community,

My PL wants to migrate a directory server(storing employees info and Linux user accounts) from 389-ds(1.1.x) to FreeIPA(1.2.2). I backed up from the command line using the */db2bak/* command-line script. I got two LDIF files and two folders(userRoot and NetscapeRoot) which contains many db4 files.

After reading the FreeIPA Administrator Guide, I realized there is no */db2bak/* or */bak2db/* commands for FreeIPA users. So I copy those LDIF files and folders to /var/lib/dirsrv/<ds instance> directly. Then I run */service dirsvr restart/*, the dirsvr instance cannot start anymore. The instance names of 389-ds and FreeIPA are different.

How can I finish this hard job? Have anybody ever migrated successfully? I need your help..

remove any unneeded structural and configuration options from the ldif
convert this ldif to the IPA DIT
load the ldif

You can see the DIT we use at http://freeipa.org/page/UsingRhdsWithIpa
HTH
Jenny

Best Regards,
Michael
--
Michael Kang(康上明学)
There is a giant asleep within every man. When the giant awakens,miracles happen.

Personal blog: http://ufusion.org - United Fusion

Jenny Galipeau <jgali...@redhat.com>
Principal Software QA Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. Security Engineering