Jenny Galipeau wrote:
Jesster Leight wrote:
I installed FreeIPA with manual Implementing FreeIPA in a mixed Environment. My IPA OS: Fedora 11 Leonidas (Default without update. Clean OS, new installation)
All steps compled sucessfully, except one:

[r...@ipa ~]# kinit admin
Password for ad...@example.com <mailto:ad...@example.com>: 12345678

[r...@ipa ~]# klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Default principal: ad...@example.com <mailto:ad...@example.com>
11/04/09 17:36:08 11/05/09 17:36:05 krbtgt/EXAMPLE.COM <http://EXAMPLE.COM>@EXAMPLE.COM <http://EXAMPLE.COM>
Kerberos 4 ticket cache: /tmp/tkt0
klist: You have no tickets cached

And ...

[r...@ipa ~]# ipa-finduser admin
_ssl.c:480: EOF occurred in violation of protocol
Re-run with -v flag for more details.

[r...@ipa ~]# ipa-finduser -v admin
Connecting to IPA server: https://ipa.example.com/ipa/xml
_ssl.c:480: EOF occurred in violation of protocol
Re-run with -v flag for more details.

In what can be problem ?
The ipa commands have changed.  "ipa user-find admin" is the new command.
Run ipa help for more information.

What Jenny means is that the CLI tools in v2 uses a different naming convention from v1. Since the ipa-finduser command exists at all it tells me he is running v1 so this is a non-issue.