Tomasz Z. Napierala wrote:
Dnia 2009-12-07, pon o godzinie 10:56 +0100, Tomasz Z. Napierala pisze:
Hi,

I came across fds limit problem, and I wanted to change that parameter
for my FDS instance. I tried to put it
in /etc/dirsrv/slapd-INSTANCE/dse.ldif, but this file gets overwritten
every time dirsrv is restarted. What is the best way to change that
setting?

Problem solved ;)
I was editing the file, and then restarting dirsrv. It looks like you
have to stop the instance, then edit the file, and start the instance
after that.
You can also set the value using ldapmodify
ldapmodify -x -D "cn=directory manager" -w password
dn: cn=config
changetype: modify
replace: nsslapd-maxdescriptors
nsslapd-maxdescriptors: 8192

You have to restart the server for this setting to take effect.

See also http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Performance_Tuning#Linux
Regards,