Shan Kumaraswamy wrote:
I am try to install FreeIPA build 1.2.2 with RHDS 8.0, while installing
I am facing some serious issue. Please find the blow steps which I
followed and error message which got during the installation
1. I successfully installed RHDS 8.0
2. Installed and tested RH Enter IPA without any issue
3. As per our requirement we need to Active Directory Integration, so
I am planning to Install FreeIPA, and I have completely un-installed RH
Ent IPA using #ipa-server-install --uninstall command and chosen "yes"
to completely remove the configuration file which Ent IPA used.
4. Now I downloaded FreeIPA build (1.2.2) and done "make" then "make
5. I cross checked the /etc/hosts file and the fully qualified name is
correct only, nothing was changed.
6. Once I start the script the error message was through continually:
[r...@sbttipa001 ~]# ipa-server-install
The log file for this installation can be found in
This program will setup the FreeIPA Server.
* Configure the Network Time Daemon (ntpd)
* Create and configure an instance of Directory Server
* Create and configure a Kerberos Key Distribution Center (KDC)
* Configure Apache (httpd)
* Configure TurboGears
To accept the default shown in brackets, press the Enter key.
Enter the fully qualified domain name of the computer
on which you're setting up server software. Using the form
Example: master.example.com <http://master.example.com>.
Server host name [sbttipa001.bmitest.com <http://sbttipa001.bmitest.com>]:
Unexpected error - see ipaserver-install.log for details:
verify_fqdn() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)
Please help me to resove this critical issue:
If you look in /var/log/ipaserver-install.log there should be a python
backtrace, we'd need to see that.
Alternatively when we build and test from source we tend to use: make
rpms and install the results from dist/rpms. I do this because it makes
it easier to do replication and client testing and be sure I'm using the
same bits everywhere.
Freeipa-users mailing list