Stjepan Gros wrote:
On Thu, 2010-06-17 at 11:26 -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:

Unfortunately in v1.x we didn't have enough infrastructure to make it
easier to set additional attributes beyond the default one we set on
user/group creation. v2.x should make this possible.

In other words, the only way samba attributes can be added is to create
new user/group and then "manually" add/modify all the relevant
attributes using e.g. ldapmodify?

SG

It depends on what you need and whether we're talking about the UI or command-line.

Look at the --addattr and --setattr options of ipa-useradd (and the other cli commands). You can add the options at creation time that way. The UI has some limited capability of adding new attributes to the add/edit user screen. Groups have no equivalent capability.

What Simo is saying is that there is no way to automatically add new attributes without hacking code.