Dan Scott wrote:
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 16:47, Rich Megginson <rmegg...@redhat.com> wrote:
Hopefully there will be an
update soon, and this will resolve the problem.

The update is in updates-testing now, and we would really appreciate some
testing and some feedback (hint, hint).  The more positive feedback we get,
the faster we can move the packages to stable and out of testing (as per
Fedora policy).
yum update --enablerepo=updates-testing 389-ds-base
See also http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_Notes

OK, OK, I get the hint! :)

Since it's 'only' a replicated slave, I installed the package from
testing. I started receiving:

dn2entry: the dn "dc=example,dc=com" was in the entryrdn index, but it
did not exist in id2entry of instance userRoot

Which I then fixed by following:

http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Subtree_Rename#warning:_upgrade_from_389_v1.2.6_.28a.3F.2C_rc1_.7E_rc6.29_to_v1.2.6_rc6_or_newer

The dirsrv process started correctly and started answering requests.
Looking good so far.
Excellent.  Thanks for the feedback.
I guess it's time to consider upgrading the master from Fedora 11. :)
At least I'll be prepared if this happens again.

Thanks for the help,

Dan