Shan Kumaraswamy wrote:
I have deployed FreeIPA 1.2.1 in RHEL 5.5 and I want to sync with
Active Directory (windows 2008 R2). Can please anyone have
step-by-step configuration doc and share to me? Previously I have done
the same exercise, but now that is not working for me and I am facing
lot of challenges to make this happen.
Please find the steps what exactly I done so for:
1. Installed RHDS 8.1 and FreeIPA 1.2.1 and configured properly
and tested its working fine
2. In AD side, installed Active Directory certificate Server as
a Enterprise Root
3. Copy the “cacert.p12” file and imported under Certificates
–Service (Active Directory Domain service) on Local Computer using MMC.
4. Installed PasSync.msi file and given all the required information
5. Run the command “certutil -d . -L -n "CA certificate" -a >
dsca.crt” from IPA server and copied the .crt file in to AD server and
ran this command from “cd "C:\Program Files\Red Hat Directory Password
6. certutil.exe -d . -N
7. certutil.exe -d . -A -n "DS CA cert" -t CT,, -a -i
8. certutil.exe -d . -L -n "DS CA cert" and rebooted the AD server.
After this steps, when try to create sync agreement from IPA server I
am getting this error:
ldap_simple_bind: Can't contact LDAP server
SSL error -8179 (Peer's Certificate issuer is not recognized.)
Please share the steps to configure AD Sync with IPA server.
But it looks as though there is a step missing. If you use MS AD CA to
generate the AD cert, and use IPA to generate the IPA CA and server
cert, then you have to import the MS AD CA cert into IPA.
Thanks & Regards
Freeipa-users mailing list