Dan Scott wrote:
Hi,

Sorry, I just checked the manpage myself and I see that there's an
init option to ipa-replica-manage.

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 12:08, Rich Megginson<rmegg...@redhat.com>  wrote:
Initialization is the initial copy of data from the master - The slave
server (curie) has been configured and replicating for a while.

Has curie been restored from a backup?  Initialized from another master?
  Been shutdown for over a week?

Nope, none of these: Not restored, initialized from another master or
shutdown for over a week. There is a possibility that there was an
un-noticed problem with dirsrv which lasted for a week though.

Does the ipa-replica-manage command line tool have an option for doing a
reinit?

I see that there's an 'init' option. If I'm happy to throw away any
changes on curie, can I just run the init on curie and it will
re-initialize from the master?

Thanks for your help.

You should log into the "master" (the host that is replicating to curie) and run:

# ipa-replica-manage init curie.example.com