Kambiz Aghaiepour wrote:
Well ... in this case I am running fedora-ds-1.1.3 across the board
still as this is pertaining to my production environment.  I attempted
to upgrade the production environment, but the %post script took about 2
hours to run, after which several userIDs were missing from the
directory, including several test accounts used by our nagios, as well
as the company CEO's account.  :(
We believe this is also a bug that has been fixed by 1.2.7.a3
So I reverted to fedora-ds-1.1.3.

But I really need to get the remote replica up and running.

Kambiz

Rich Megginson wrote:
Kambiz Aghaiepour wrote:
Would there be any way to identify what causes this during replication
creation (versions ipa-server-1.2.1-4 and fedora-ds-base-1.1.3, on
centos-5.4):
389-ds-base-1.2.6.1 cannot replicate to previous versions of 389/fedora ds

389-ds-base-1.2.7.a3 fixes this problem and should be going into the
testing repos soon - if you want, you can download the rpm directly from
koji and try it out:
<--- snip --->
Starting replication, please wait until this has completed.
Update in progress
Update in progress
Update in progress
Update in progress
Update in progress
Update in progress
Update in progress
Update in progress
Update in progress
Update in progress
Update in progress
Update in progress
Update in progress
[rhds-test-01.example.org] reports: Update failed! Status: [2 Total
update abortedLDAP error: Protocol error]
creation of replica failed: Failed to start replication

Your system may be partly configured.
Run /usr/sbin/ipa-server-install --uninstall to clean up.

The errorlog section is also attached.

Kambiz