I noticed today that one of our FreeIPA 1.2.2 servers has stopped issuing tickets. When I attempt to restart all the IPA services the krb5kdc service failed to restart with the following error:

krb5kdc: Unable to access Kerberos database - while initializing database for realm DOMAIN.COM

I don't see any issues with the local LDAP database, or the kdc account in the LDAP database. I suspect the problem is with the ticket granting ticket on the problem server, but am unsure how to go about validating this assertion. I have not tried to restart the ipa services on the working server for fera that it might stop working.